Blowing smoke rings, or blowing bubbles? Not sure yet, but my fishy scene is finished!
I’ve progressed from sewing knitted items together with random bits of cotton to using the same coloured yarn, which as you can imagine has been a vast improvement. Not sure why I didn’t think of it before. A useful milestone in my knitting journey though.
These fish were really good fun to make and I shall be keeping a look out for a suitable box frame to house them in.
Now that these are finished, I’ve started work on another lace pattern scarf (Let’s Knit pattern ‘Melanie’ from the July “Easy One-Ball Knits 17 Patterns”).
The required yarn is something I’ve never used before – Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace. Going from my trusty super-chunky, it has been like knitting with cobwebs. I plough on though.
I bought the yarn from Sew East Dulwich – a great little shop, and as I was the only one in there on a Friday afternoon I got personal service to help search for my yarn. I even threatened to return with the finished product…